Sunday, February 17, 2008

Being Unique

All of these different types of hints and tips remind me that being unique is very important. You don't want your resume and cover letter being like everyone else's. You need to be specific and very persuasive when talking about a company and how they would benefit from hiring you. All of the advice here is pretty straightfoward. I don't think I could say that any of this was disagreeable because I don't have much experience with cover letters. The cover letter checklist is very handy when writing your cover letter. I believe this might be the first thing that I have available to me when I start. I'd probably have it out so I could look at it when I am actually composing my cover letter. I had never heard of cover letters before I came to this class, so this all of this information will be very helpful for my mock interview.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good take on the article. Making your unique features stand out is key in application materials.

Loved your presentation today!